Atlanta Gamers: Scales of War
Reminders from Hiatus
- Returned to Brindol after clearing the vents
- Attacked in Brindol for a key the party carried
- Recovered the key and uncovered that they were being hunted by Modra
- Followed leads to The Happy Beggar in Overlook
- Under the Happy Beggar was a series of caves and tunnels. There were teleportation circles and dark creepers moving materials.
- The Happy Beggar revealed a gate the the Shadowfell
- The party chased Modra into the Shadowfell
- In the Shadowfell, the found a large camp, Umbraforge, with military units marching around
- Meet a friend of Modra’s who revealed the Modra had stabbed a Shadar-kai named Sharshan in the back and deserves to die. She asks the party to kill Modra but do it quickly. She tells the party the best way to find Modra.
- The party tries to bluff its way into the warehouse but it turned aside by a rather tough Shadar-kai guard.
- The party sneaks into a warehouse and fights Modra and a giant boar that was born in a vat in the warehouse.
- After defeating Modra the party leaves the warehouse into a tower.
- While in Umbraforge there have persistent tremors. The varied in magnitude but some were strong enough to rip the ground releasing fire creatures into the streets.
- Umbraforge is the dominion of Sharshan a trader of great reputation and even greater wealth. The tower, foundry (warehouse), and forges are his. The camps are those of the mercenaries and slaves whose services he sells across the Shadowfell and the world.
- Modra is well known in Umbraforge, but for all the wrong reasons now. He was one of Sarshan’s trusted lieutenants before he tried to broker a weapons deal that Sarshan had already turned down.
- The job that Sarshan refused was some orc king’s raid on a dwarven citadel. Sarshan never makes a sale if it has a chance of coming back to him, and for good reason. This job went bad, they say, and peole know that Modra sold the orc his weapons.
- Modra is long gone from Umbraforge and the Shadowfell. Sarshan’s got a long arm and a longer memory. The creeper would have to be crazy to come back here.
- The Foundry is the new jewel of Sarshan’s operations. Its power comes from the fire and shadow driving its furnaces. Sarshan’s sages create beasts of battle there, born killers with magic in their blood.
- The Shadowfell is only a stopping-off place for Sarshan’s mercenaries. A force of archons from the Elemental Chaos was here not 6 months ago. I saw githzerai from the Astral Sea in Umbraforge once. I don’t know what job they too for Sarshan but woe be to whoever got in their way.
- Sarshan’s slave bazaar is about more than just servants and soldiers. His experiments in the foundry only begin with the dumb beasts. He’s building new soldier races there, born from the slaves he traffics.